Passive Stereo Summing Mixer solution without compromises
Breathe more life into your digital mixes – add warmth and analog vibe read more…
“Cool passive summing noiseless, infinite headroom and no power required. The best way to mix outside the computer, enjoy clip free summing and then use the different mic pres of your choice to send your mix back to your DAW. “
Desktop Studio Summing Mixers
Dual Stereo Balanced Discrete Signal Path
Just want to share my first impression of Little One 16 passive summing box with 2 x stereo to mono options.
I am just plain knocked. If your tracking chain is good but mixes sound muddy, boxy, thin and narrow compared to big production hits that’s the remedy. Like everyone else i’ve noticed that mix is much clearer and wider, instruments more separated and focused. I also have noticed that i’m using less outboard and plugins. Seriously. If you choosing between good compressos or eq (good means ADL, SSL etc) vs good summing box (you would need audio interface to support that too) without hesitation go for analog summing – you won’t be dissapointed if you want your mixes sound 3d. Also box is quiet as a mouse. I was little afraid to pick some noise on the way. But no ! – it’s just way superior to digital bouncing and that’s all!
Just a quick note to say how pleased I am with the summing mixer.
Ive summed a piano session and a jazz session and all I can say is that it makes things sound finalised or complete! Its hard to put my finger on it. It’s like a sonic glue! There is definitely a stability that it adds. Sounds like a record! All the best! Alex
Passive Summing mixer come by 3 type of gain make up requirements
*Basic Setup :-15dB by default please let me know before you make an order
- LOW: -15dB gain up ideal for entry level preamps or DAW mic pre or instrument input
- MID: -20dB gain up ideal for mid range preamps or DAW mic pre or instrument input
- HIGH: -25dB (or more) gain up ideal for high range preamps like Neve, Api, Avalon or DAW mic pre
Dual Stereo Balanced Summing Network from input to output
- In/Out:Balanced, floating to ground
- Insertion input resistance: -15dB / -20dB / -25dB or more (order)
- Output impedance 600-1k ohms balanced
- Output level: -15 dB nominal (basic setup)
- Frequency response: 0-500Khz
- Crosstalk 1Khz: -95dB
- In/Out: Balanced, floating to ground
- Signal/ Noise rate: -110dB (RME HDSP tested, no DAW inputs connected)
- TRS wiring: (Tip:HOT/,Ring:COLD/Sleeve:GROUND)
- Pure hand made! Hand wired and tested point-to-point!
- Selected VISHAY DALE military metal-film resistors!
- Laser engraved massive aluminium alloy box!